- Scope of supply: Vertical Column Replacement Section
- Design Code: ASME VIII Div. 1
- Size of the Vertical Vessel section: 3.9m diameter x 9.4m length x 50 tonnes
- Materials used: Carbon Steel clad with Alloy 400
- Project: Depropanizer Cone Section
- Key Challenges: Fabricating to tight tolerances was one of the challenges we faced, as well as the diameter having to be within +/- 2mm to ensure clean fit up on-site. Another challenge we encountered was the careful handling of the item due to its size and weight, as this project involved components on a huge scale. Portobello-RMF managed to overcome these challenges successfully with the hard work of all our highly skilled and professional engineers.
Do you also have a project in mind which requires unique precision, measurements and skills? You can discuss your project with us or go back to view our other case studies.