- Scope of supply: 4 Off Kiln Barrels
- Design Code: ASME VIII Div. 1
- Size: 0.5m x 6.4m length
- Materials used: Inconel Alloy 600
- Project: Replacement Units Kiln Barrel
- Key Challenges: The challenges we faced included fabrication and machining to tight tolerances, as well as the specific controls on welding techniques. We also had to execute heat treatment in a vertical orientation, and shrink fitting using liquid nitrogen. However, we successfully overcame these challenges due to the depth of experience and knowledge of our highly skilled workforce.
Why not have a browse through our other case studies to see how we overcame other challenges, the bespoke projects we were involved in, and images of our impressive large-scale objects. Contact us if you have any questions or queries regarding our work or if you are in need of advice for your upcoming project.